1. Is there an update coming for Zoo Tycoon, and if so, when will it be available?
There is now an update available. You can update your copy by using the "get new zoo item" feature on the main menu of the game, or you can also download it from this site on the Zoos and Programs page. Everyone is encouraged to update their copy of Zoo Tycoon.
2. What happens if I download a zoo which has items I haven't downloaded?
Those items will not appear in your game.
3. When animals say they want more elevation what exactly do they want?
It simply means they want more sloping land and/or cliff edges in their exhibits
4. Where do I find downloadable items for Zoo Tycoon?
Microsoft's web page for Zoo Tycoon (found on our links page) is a good place to start, and don't forget to check out the site listed here on our links page. These are awesome sites that all have a little something special..they are worth a look!
5. Is there going to be an expansion pack, and what will be included in it?
It is still too early for Microsoft to go public with any plans for the future of Zoo Tycoon, but they welcome any ideas that you have about what you would like to see in possible future expansions. Send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Is there a way for me to buy a download version of Zoo Tycoon?
Not at this time. There is a demo (27 MB) available at the official site that you can download that lets you get a feel for the game, but it takes FOREVER to download if you have a slow connection. To have a full copy of Zoo Tycoon, you need to purchase a CD version of the game.
7. Will there be a Macintosh version of Zoo Tycoon?
Microsoft is committed to supporting the Mac platform, but there has to be enough of a demand to justify having a third party developer port the game. It is our hope that there will be a Mac version in the future, but at this time there are no plans for one.
8. Why doesn't marketing have any impact on zoo attendence?
Marketing does affect zoo attendence, but there was an issue that prevented the results of the marketing from being fully realized. That issue was resolved with the update.